Tuesday 4 November 2014

Snow White

My illness has yet again kept me away longer than planned but I have a nice Snow White post I have managed to write at last :)
My Granddaughter turned 1 in August and I have just got round to editing the photo's for my page. She had a Snow White Party. So of course Nanna here had to go all out :)
Catherine asked me if I could make Isabella a little outfit of which I got very excited as I could make a Tutu one. I was however let down with the top I ordered. So had to frantically Crochet one myself. I don't think the finished result is as good as if I had used a Ribbon Crochet top but I had to do what I had to do.

It was still very good for my first full Tutu dress. Isabella didn't like it though ha ha. So we have no pictures with it on. She was only 1 bless her. So will be trying it on again soon hopefully.
I also since started Cake making, make everyone a birthday Cake. So was also very excited for this as I could have a go at making my fist doll Cake with the Cake being the dress. I had a look on Google and decided I really wanted pleats on the dress and not just straight covered. I knew this was more difficult but I have to have what I want :) Apart from getting the Fondant a nice Yellow this Cake went surprisingly well and I was absolutely grinning from ear to ear at the result. I am never happy with my Cakes but this one passed my rather tough criteria :)

Oh.. I also made her a bow for her hair :) Just because I can. The photo doesn't do it any justice but It was very nice seen as though I am just learning. Catherine wanted Bella to be a bow wearer but just little ones. For this occasion though I thought I would make her a bigger statement bow.

Again, I have no photo of it on but I do plan to get one :) and just as a final touch I made a huge organza bow in Snow White Colours. Just to see what it would look like and again the photo doesn't do anything for it but it was big and fantastic.

9 comments:

  1. Aww these are so lovely. You're very talented Wendy :)

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow White was one of my favourite Disney characters, in fact I still have my treasured book about er 25 years on! The cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our family favourite as well but looking forward to making lots of different characters each year :)
      Thank you Anne. x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!! These are just stunning! You are so talented and creative! Thank you for joining with with #homemadethursday again - lovely to have you here :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind and I look forward to Thursdays for your #homemadethursday and have put it on my calendar so I can't forget :)

      Delete
  4. very talented welldone they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. So much Talent. That Snow White dress looks absolutely professional. Ever thought of going into a cake making business

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT job on that cake! Just had to pop by and comment when I saw the pin on #homemadethursday! :-)

    ReplyDelete